These are not your average ginger bread cookies – the molasses gives these cookies a perfectly soft and chewy texture which will have them melting in your mouth.
Nothing says Holidays like a ginger cookie! The warm spices will light up your Holiday cheer and pair nicely with hot chocolate, apple cider, egg nog or any one 0f your favorite holiday drinks. These ginger cookies were quite the hit in my house and among my friends. I had several people ask me when I was going to make the ginger cookies again because they needed more!
What makes these ginger cookies so good?
- Perfect blend of spices
- Soft and chewy texture
- Rich molasses flavor – I used this one!
- Sugar coating
Ingredients you’ll need for Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Granulated Sugar
How to make ginger molasses cookies
- Preheat oven to 350
- First mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside
- Cream together butter, molasses, vanilla extract and egg
- Next slowly add in dry ingredients to wet mixture until doughy consistency
- Roll dough into about 2 inch thick balls and coat in granulated sugar
- Pop in the oven and enjoy!
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE I’D LOVE TO KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS SO PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @DAY_LILLY_
WANT ANOTHER SWEET RECIPE? CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW!
Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Clove
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Butter Unsalted
- 1/2 Cup Molasses Full Flavor
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Granulated sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl wisk together flour, baking soda, spices and salt and set aside
- In a seperate bowl start to cream together your butter, molasses, egg and vanilla extract - it is much easier using an electronic mixer but can also be done by hand!
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix well until you've reached a doughy consistency - if it doesn't seem firm enough add in a little bit more flour!
- Roll dough into 2 inch thick balls
- In a small bowl pour in some granulated sugar and roll each ball in the sugar coating it completely
- Bake for 11 minutes or until edges start to brown
- One you take them out of the oven drop the pan on the counter a few times so the cracks can set in
- Let cool and enjoy!