Easy and delicious zucchini turkey burgers packed with flavor! This will be your favorite thing to throw on the grill this summer.
These turkey burgers are loaded with flavor and perfect for summer grilling! With easy preparation that you can do ahead of time, these delicious turkey burgers can be enjoyed all summer long. Just freeze the patties!
In my opinion, ground turkey makes an excellent substitute for beef year-round when you are looking for a lighter and healthier option. So, get out there and try yourself a one of these turkey burgers!
These zucchini turkey burgers are seasoned to perfection with cilantro, garlic, green onion, and lots of herbs and seasoning. Feel free to change up the herbs and spices to be what you want when making your own turkey burgers. My boyfriend and I love to make these turkey burgers when we get the craving, and it helps that he is a master at using a grill! Feel free to change up the herbs and spices to make a turkey burger that you’ll really love. Add all your favorite toppings, pick out your favorite type of bun, and taste a world of wonderful flavors. Personally, I like to top these turkey burgers with tzatziki sauce, red onion and avocado. Here is the recipe I use for tzatziki sauce; it complements the turkey burger very well!
On The Stove
Preheat a large cooking pan over medium heat and add oil. Cook the turkey burgers for 6-8 minutes on each side, making sure they reach a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
On The Grill
Turkey burgers are much more “wet” than a typical beef burger, so you may want to use a vegetable basket or another grill safe pan to cook them on. I don’t have too much of an issue putting them directly on the grill grate but they do tend to break off a little and fall through. Whichever you choose, they will still be delicious! Just find the best way to cook the turkey burgers that works for you!
Ingredients you’ll need for Turkey Burgers
- Ground Turkey
- Green Onions
- Ground Cumin
How to make Turkey Burgers
- Combine turkey burger ingredients together in a large bowl
- Using your hands form patties
- Cook turkey burgers either on the grill or stove top. Making sure they reach a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let turkey burgers cool slightly and serve on a bun throwing on any of your favorite toppings. I think this tastes best with red onion, avocado and a tzatziki sauce.
IF YOU MADE THIS RECIPE I’D LOVE TO KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS, SO PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW, AND DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM @DAY_LILLY_.
WANT ANOTHER RECIPE? CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW!
Zucchini Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb Ground Turkey Meat
- 1 1/2 cups Grated Zucchini
- 1/4 cup Freshly Chopped Cilantro
- 4 Sliced Green Onion
- 5 cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Mint
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Mix well using your hands until zucchini mixture is well distributed in the ground turkey
- Using your hands form patties and place on a separate plate or baking sheet
- Cook turkey burgers either on a grill or stove top. Making sure they reach a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit
- Let turkey burgers cool and serve on a bun throwing on any of your favorite toppings. I think this tastes best with red onion, avocado and a tzatziki sauce.